What you’ll need:
- Aluminum foil if you are using a toilet paper tube
- Disposable plastic container
- Plaster of Paris
- Toilet tissue tube
- Duct tape
- Liquid tempera paint
How to make it:
- Cover one end of the toilet paper tube with duct tape. Loosely roll an 8- by-41/2-inch piece of aluminum foil and slip it into the tube so that it lines the inside, fitting snugly.
- Set tube upright (duct tape side down) on protected surface.
- In a disposable plastic container, help your child mix 1 cup plaster of Paris with 1/2 cup water. Stir slowly and thoroughly until plaster is dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Immediately add 2 tablespoons paint Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon into the tube. Tap gently so mixture settles to the bottom.
- Let dry overnight before using.